Never thought will make Churros at home..but when I tried making them, they turned out to be just superb! These cute little Portuguese delights are so humble and makes a great snack.
Churros are best tastes with Chocolate Sauce so I’ve included a quick-fix recipe for Hot chocolate dipping sauce as well. These simple yet classic pasrty is a must try this winters. The lovely crusty pastry coated with cinnamon-sugar and served with hot chocolate. Guys! what else you need to kill the chill.
Here I am not frying these Churros rather, I baked them to avoid the oiliness in turn making them Healthy and Guiltfree. Serve these Healthy Baked Churros with the Hot Chocolate and enjoy the winters…
- 1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/4 Cup butter
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1 Whole Egg
- 1/4 Tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 Cup Milk (+2 Tbsp extra)
- 1/3 Cup Compound Chocolate (60 % chocolate)
- 1/2 Tbsp Corn flour
- 1/2 Cup Brown sugar (or white if don’t have brown)
- 1/4 Tbsp Cinnamon powder
How to Make?
- Boil 1/2 Cup Water and add Butter to it
- Mix Water and Butter well and keep cooking
- Now add salt and let it simmer for 5-7 mins
- Slowly now add the flour in batches with constant stirring and folding till you get a nice smooth dough
- Cook your dough for a while and then put off the heat
- In a bowl take one egg and add vanilla extract whisky it nicely for 4-5 mins
- Now slowly pour the mixture in the dough mixing, don’t get worried if your dough gets sticky have patience and keep mixing
- Add 2 Tbs of milk and mix into smooth dough, if you find your dough is hard add some more milk.
- Once done fill the dough in a piping bag.
- Line a parchment paper on a baking tray and shape your churros
- Bake your churros for 20-30 mins until golden
- Meanwhile make a hot chocolate sauce – Boil ½ cup milk
- Add chocolate chips (I used 60 percent dark chocolate )
- Keep boiling and mixing them nicely
- Once starts simmering, add a mix of corn starch + water (you can also add cream here)
- Boil the mixture with constant stirring till it gets thick and lill sticky
- Your hot chocolate is ready
- Check the churros now, once baked immediately coat in a mixture of brown sugar and cinnamon powder
- Your Healthy Baked Churros with Hot Chocolate is ready