Before start to share the recipe of My Cream Of Broccoli Soup With Burnt Garlic And Orange, let me share the story behind the making of this amazing soup.
Last night in a chit chat with my Sister, we planned to host the New year party at home and catch of the conversation was; the food should be cooked by me. My sister has this habit of putting things on other’s conveniently. When I thought this is it! she announced it on our common family whats app group. Since then I have been thinking and listing down things, working on the menu; I am going totally insane. While I was preparing my menu for New Year’s eve party, I decided on to prepare this rich Cream of Broccoli soup with burnt Garlic and Orange. I made this soup a couple of weeks back, it was a part of my kitchen experiment. The fresh green color, creamy texture, kick of burnt garlic and orange just made it super delicious.
This Cream of Broccoli soup with burnt Garlic and Orange is perfect, either you serve it hot with your favorite bread or sip it cold as is, it taste heaven. Instead of cream, I used low fat milk which makes the soup light and healthy. As broccoli after blending has a thick creamy texture, adding milk instead of cream will keep the broccoli flavor intact making it light on your tummy. You will be mesmerized with the rustic aroma of broccoli sauted in butter with garlic and herbs. A tinch of burnt garlic and orange dressing on the top will make this soup a pure delight to your taste buds.
This Cream of Broccoli soup with burnt Garlic and Orange is quick and easy to make, gets ready within 30 mins. So next time if you planning a get together at your house make sure you make this delectable entrée for your Friends and Family, I bet this will be everyone’s favorite.
Minimal ingredients with maximum taste, this soup is best for those who are bored with cooking usual stuff at home and don’t feel like stepping out due to chilling weather. Frankly guys! This is the soup you have been waiting for.
- Prep time: 00 Hrs 10 Mins
- Cooking time: 00 Hrs 15 Mins
- Serves: 4 Person(s)
- Category: Veg
- Cuisine Type: Homestyle, Indian, Fusion, Soup
- Good for: Starter
Ingredients & Quantity
- 1 cup Broccoli florets
- 5-6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 shallots, roughly chopped
- 1 cup low fat milk
- 2 tbs fresh orange juice
- ¼ tbs orange zest
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs butter at room temperature
- 1½ tbs oregano
- ½ tbs freshly ground pepper (or more as per taste)
- 1 cup vegetable stock (Optional)
- Salt to taste
How to cook?
- Wash the broccoli florets in warm water nicely
- Now heat the pan and put butter in that, immediately add 1 spoon of olive oil inorder to prevent butter from burning
- Now put garlic and once they start turning golden, take out half a spoon from the pan and keep it aside
- Add shallots now
- Let it cook for 2-3 mins, then add broccoli florets
- Cook for 5 mins covering the lid, to soften the broccoli. Due to lid, all the flavours of garlic and shallots will be infused in broccoli
- Put some salt and oregano
- Now let it cook for another 2 mins and put off the gas
- Once the broccoli cools down
- Put it in a blender, add milk and blend well into a thick creamy mixture
- Pour the mixture in the same pan & boil for 2-3 mins
- Sprinkle some pepper – salt and stir well
- If you see its getting too thick you can add vegetable stock or warm water.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl take orange juice, extra virgin olive oil, burnt garlic that we kept aside and mix it well with some oregano and pinch of salt and mix well
- Since your dressing is ready, you can now start serving your soup
- Take 4 bowls of your choice and Pour equal amount of soup in each bowl
- Now put 1/2 teaspoon of dressing in each bowl and serve hot or cold as per your choice.
- This dressing is multipurpose; you can also make your favorite salad with this Orange and burnt garlic dressing.