Bored of eating Oats with milk? I don’t blame you. Spruce it up with some seeds & dry fruits instead and pop it in the oven to make some super yummy Oats and Seeds Cracker
Sound weird??? No its not..It was a gloomy day and I was not in the mood to do anything but cook. Cooking is therapeutic for me, it lifts my mood whenever am dull or sad.
I set up my tripod & camera and decided to shoot after almost 2 months..Yes! I was on a sabbatical, sometimes life takes a toll on you and you get lost in the negativity around. But I am a positive person and always learned to revive soon 🙂 Anyhow now that I am back I am going to share something really interesting & amazingly healthy.
These Oats and Seeds Crackers are inspired by an internet article; I got amazed to see how people are moving towards healthy eating. As they say health is wealth, it’s every bit true and I believe in it completely.
You can have these crackers as part of your daily meal; they make a great breakfast and can satiate your sweet tooth anytime of the day. The best part is you can snack them anytime guiltfree.
Ingredients & Quantity
- 1 Cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 Tbsp raw Pumpkin seeds
- 2 Tbsp Melon Seeds
- 1/4 Cup Sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsp Chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp Poppy seeds
- 1 Tbsp Dried Blueberries
- 2 Tbsp Grated dark chocolate
- 1 Tbsp Raisins
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Blackstrap Molasses
- 2 Tbs Honey/ Maple Syrup
- 1/4 Cup Water Recipe:
How To Make?
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees
- Mix oats, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds,Melon seeds chia seeds, poppy seeds, and salt in a large bowl.
- Stir oil, honey/maple syrup, blackstarp molasses and 1/4 cup room-temperature water in a medium bowl to combine.
- Pour liquid over oat mixture and toss until mixture is completely soaked.
- Let sit 5-7 minutes; mixture will absorb water and thicken.
- Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Press a second sheet of parchment paper directly on top and, using a rolling pin, flatten to ⅛” thick (the shape doesn’t matter). Remove top layer of parchment.
- Bake cracker until golden brown around edges, 15–20 mins at 180 degrees.
- Remove from oven and carefully turn out, parchment side up.
- Place a fresh sheet of parchment on baking sheet.
- Remove parchment from cracker, carefully turn cracker over, and return to baking sheet.
- Bake until firm and golden brown around edges, 15–20 mins at 180 degrees.
- Let cool on baking sheet, then break into pieces with your hands.