Mango is undoubtedly King of fruits & if you are in north India you must be aware of the importance of Mango in your life. You can eat this amazing fruit in any form raw, sweet, tangy, hot, spicy whatever way your taste buds allow…Aam launji is a typical Rajasthani pickle type of chutney which is hot, tangy & sweet, you can accompany this amazing chutney with paratha, poori, chapati or just lick it in a spoon after a meal. So try this Rajasthani aam ki launji in my style, I made it rich in my style with some dry fruits I bet you cant wait to lick this mouthwatering chutney on your own…I dedicate this recipe to Delight foods & its initiative 🙂
- Prep time: 00 Hrs 10 Mins
- Cooking time: 00 Hrs 30 Mins
- Serves: 4 Person(s)
- Category: Veg
- Cuisine Type: Homestyle Cooking, Indian, North Indian
- Good for: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Snacks, Dinner
Ingredients & Quantity
- 2 cups raw mango, long slices
- 1/2 tbs fenugreek seeds (Methi dana)
- 1 tbs Fennel seeds (Saunf)
- 1 tbs mustard seeds (Sarson)
- 1 tbs nigella seeds (lonji)
- 1/2 tbs cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1/2 tbs red chili powder
- 1/2 tbs termeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 1/2 tbs coriander powder
- 1/2 tbs garam masala
- 1 tbs poppy seeds
- 1 tbs Chirongi Nuts (charoli)
- 6 tbs jaggery
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Salt to taste
How to cook?
- In a wok, heat oil & add half of the quantity of Fennel seeds, mustard seeds, Nigella seeds, cumin seeds, Fenugreek seeds.
- Once they starts crackling, add red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder & garam masala with 2 spoon water so that the spices don’t burn.
- once spices releases oil, add raw mangoes & salt. Cook till mangoes soften.
- Mean while in another pan dry roast the left out ingredient (Fennel seeds, mustard seeds, Nigella seeds, cumin seeds & Fenugreek seeds,) & coarsely grind them.
- Also in another pan dry roast Chironji nuts & poppy seeds.
- Now check the mangoes & add Jaggery with 2 cup of water.
- Cook till water dries out.
- Now add the coarsely powdered mixture, roasted Chironji nuts & poppy seeds.
- Serve whenever you feel like. Refrigerate if not consumed immediately.
- You can use sugar instead of jaggery