Vegetables from the gourd family are extremely healthy. Its great for your stomach, skin, weight loss & Torai (Ridged gourd) is my personal favorite when it comes to Indian cooking. The spices in Indian cooking with these tender gourds are a great combination & taste extremely delicious. If you have a spicy Indian tooth…You just cant relish them enough!
Ingredients & Quantity
- 8 small tender Torai (Ridged gourd)
- 1 big onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbs garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbs ginger, finely chopped
- 1 big tomato, finely chopped
- 1/2 tbs cumin seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cloves
- 1 black cardamom
- 1 tbs red chili powder
- 2 tbs coriander powder
- 1/2 tbs turmeric powder
- 1/2 tbs garam masla (freshly made)
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs curd
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
How to Cook?
- Peel off Ridged gourd & cut into small cubes
- Now in a wok, pour olive oil. Once heated add bay leaf, clove & black cardamom
- Once they start crackling, add cumin and let it get dark brown.
- Add garlic, ginger & saute till golden. Now dd chopped onion, wait till it gets soft & golden
- Now add red chili powder, coriander powder & Turmeric powder with 2 spoon water so that the spices wont stick to the wok.
- let it cook for 5 mins & then add tomato with salt to it. Let it cook till oil gets released.
- Now add chopped Ridged gourd & cook till it gets soften. Now add garam masala & curd, cook for 5 mins
- Garnish with coriander leaves
- Serve hot with Chapati or Steamed rice