Arrabiata literally means Angry in Italian heheh… The name comes from the spiciness of the chili used in this sauce. Arrabiata sauce is a mix of garlic, tomato, chili flakes & olive oil. As this No Cheese Pasta Arrabiata is my version, I made it more rich & flavor full in my own way. I am cooking this dish with Wheat penne and No cheese, so that you can indulge in this healthy, saucy & juicy dish guilt free 🙂 So give it a try now…
- Prep time: 00 Hrs 15 Mins
- Cooking time: 00 Hrs 30 Mins
- Serves: 2 Person(s)
- Category: Veg
- Cuisine Type: Deli, Homestyle Cooking, Indian, Italian
- Good for: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner
Ingredients & Quantity
- 1 Cup wheat penne (or whatever pasta shape you like)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4-5 garlic clove, minced well
- 1 small capsicum, finely chopped
- 4 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 4-5 button mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 tbs chili flakes
- 1 tbs chili powder
- 2-3 fresh basil leaves (or dried)
- 1 tbs oregano dried
- Salt to taste
- 3 tbs extra olive oil
- 1 tbs vinegar
How to cook?
- Boil the pasta in a big container with excess water, add salt & 2-3 drops of of oil(any)
- When par cooked, strain pasta & don’t throw the strained Water. sprinkle some oil using your fingers so that pasta wont stick to each other.
- Now in a pan, heat 1 tbs olive oil & add chopped garlic, before the garlic get burnt add onion, mushrooms & capsicum.
- Saute them for 2 mins adding salt. so that veges gets soften a bit without getting more cooked.
- Now add tomatoes (You can blanch the tomatoes & can make puree as well) & add the strained water of pasta, this will give your pasta a thick & juicy sauce. Cover it with a lid.
- Let the tomatoes leave all the juices & get soften completely into a gravy.
- Now add chili, chili flakes, oregano & basil. Saute for a min
- Now add the boiled pasta stir slowly & add vinegar with stir.
- Garnish with some oregano & basil with more extra virgin olive oil. Serve hot with Garlic bread.
- You can use pasta of your choice
- Always cook pasta in excess water & never throw the leftout water.
- Always use the pasta water for your gravy, this gives thickness to your sauce
- You can use cheese on the top at the time of serving if you want.