When some one talks about Kadhi, my mouth starts watering. I simply love this simple & the most yummiest thing in this world. I love to eat it with Rice & ya no spoons. Kadhi chawal tastes awesome when eaten with your hands, licking fingers…oh its simply heaven. My maa makes awesome Kadhi which is even light to your stomach. She makes it really simple at times, i am sharing this amazing recipe with a twist, using boondi instead of pakoras. You should surely try this finger licking recipe…quick easy & light…
- Prep time: 00 Hrs 15 Mins
- Cooking time: 00 Hrs 30 Mins
- Serves: 4 Person(s)
- Category: Veg
- Cuisine Type: Indian
- Good for: Lunch, Dinner
Ingredients & Quantity
- 300 grams curd
- 200 ml plain buttermilk
- 4 tbs besan
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 green chilis
- 1 red dry chili
- 1 pinch hing (Asafoetida)
- 1/2 tbs methi dana (Fenugreek seeds)
- 1 tbs Sarson dana (Mustard seeds)
- 1/2 tbs Jeera (Cumin seeds)
- 1 tbs laal mirch (red chili) powder
- 1/2 tbs Haldi (Turmeric) powder
- 5-7 curry leaves
- 1 cup plain Boondi
- 1 tbs olive oil + 1 tbs olive for Tadka
- salt to taste
How to cook?
- In a bowl, mix curd & buttermilk together well, add 1 cup some water to dilute it & keep it aside
- Add besan & mix well, don’t leave any lumps in the mixture.
- Now in a big wok, heat the oil & put hing, now add methi dana & jeera
- When it starts crackling add onion & green chilis
- saute till onion softens, don’t over cook them
- Now add all the spices, saute for a min
- add the buttermilk-curd mixture with constant stir & add salt.
- Keep stirring till it gets thick. don’t make it too thick
- Once the Kadhi is cooked, remove it from the gas. Its time to give it the flame Tadka
- Take the oil in a deep serving spoon, i use the old method here. If you have a tadka pan you can use it too. Once the oil is hot put sarson seeds, red dry chili & curry leaves. Let it burn & once the spoon catches fire. put the spoon in Kadhi.
- Add Boondi & serve hot with white rice.