Oats And Flax Seeds Laddoo With Maple Syrup | Oats Laddoo (Video Recipe)
Diwali is over but I am not over with the festive feel yet. Actually festivity is in the air since winters are approaching and I have all the more reasons to celebrate as I love winters! Yeyeyyeye….
Before heading home I made these Oats and Flax Seeds Laddoo and shared the video with you all. Everyone at Home liked them so much, that I had to make another batch of it, but this time I coated them with chocolate and trust me every one just drooled over them. They look so pretty with white and dark chocolate coating and those sprinklers just added the fun. If you have kids at home they will simply love these, as much as my 3 years nephew did 🙂
Oats are such an integral part of my life that, I can’t think my weekend morning to start without a generous bowl of oats doused in milk with loads of dryfruits and freshly cut fruits. It’s the best breakfast to kickstart your day, Oats are rich in soluble fibers which help in lowering cholesterol levels. They are also my best friend for dinner too, gets ready in no time; I just love them for their versatility. Be it a quick fix for hunger pangs, a light and hearty evening snack or the much needed energy to carry you through your hectic morning. Oats is one super food that can easily fit itself to suit your needs.
These Oats and Flax Seeds Laddoo with Maple syrup is one such Protein-packed, full of fiber and low on fat energy balls which you can pop in anytime of the day. One does not have to wait for festivals or occasion to make these, these cute little energy balls could be your best friend for every time. Use of Blackstrap molasses and Maple syrup instead of sugar makes them a guiltfree indulgence. Roasted dryfruits adds that crunch and chocolate coating makes them eye popping 🙂
These Laddoos are super healthy and super easy to make. I made two variations here and you can design your own with simple tricks and twists. So without taking much time, let me share the recipe of these adorable energy balls, my Oats and Flax seeds Laddoo with Maple Syrup.
Also, sharing a quick video of a non chocolate coating version with you here.
Ingredients & Quantity
- 1 Cup Oats
- 1/4 Cup Flex Seeds
- 1/4 Cup White Sesame Seeds
- 2 Tbsp Roasted Gram Flour/ Besan
- 1 Tbs Cocoa Powder (Optional)
- 1/4 Cup roasted dry fruits (Almond + Pistachio + Pumpkin seeds) + more for Garnish
- 2 Spoon roasted desiccated coconut
- 1 Tbsp Blackstrap Molasses (optional)
- 2 -3 Tbsp Maple Syrup (or more as per taste, if you don’t have maple syrup, you can use condensed milk or homemade sugar syrup)
- 2 Tbsp Desi Ghee(melted) or more to bind
- 1 Cup white compound chocolate
- 1 Cup Dark compound Chocolate
- Rose Petals for Garnish
- Sprinklers for Garnish
How to cook?
- Dry roast, Oats, Flax seeds and Sesame seeds till lightly golden
- Cool and grind the mixture coarsely
- Take the mixture out in a deep mixing bowl
- Now roast the chopped dryfruits with desiccated coconut till just golden
- Add the dryfruits mixture in the oats mixture
- Then add roasted gram flour/Besan to it
- Add Blackstrap molasses, Maple syrup and Ghee to the mixture
- And mix well with your fingers
- Now using your palms and fingers roll the mixture is small balls.
- Garnish some with rose petals and dryfruits
- For chocolate coated Laddoos – Temper the dark and white chocolate separately in microwave till just melt.
- Now with the help of a toothpick, dip the rolled balls in chocolate and place on a parchment paper or small cupcakes paper.
- Top each laddoo with sprinkler of your choice and freeze them for 10 mins..
- Your Oats and Flax seeds laddoo with Maple syrup is ready
- You can store these Laddoo in refrigerator for 10 days.