India is a land of celebrations and festivity. We find reasons to celebrate, but celebrations are incomplete without sweets here. We have sweets for every occasion, even if there is no occasion sweets are the integral part of India. Since Diwali has just passed by and wedding season is in, our Kitchen racks will be stacked with mithai dabbas. Though I am not much of a sweet tooth, but I try to utilise these mithai’s in some way or the other.
I have some left over motichoor laddoo from Diwali and then popped the idea of making something interesting out of these laddoos. I am fond of experimenting in my kitchen and the best part of these experiments are my unusual creations. At times seeing the outcome I feel, I am in the best job 🙂
I don’t generally follow rules while cooking, following rules feels like you are a machine and you have a set programme to follow. When you cook from your heart there are no boundaries and no rules to follow. So its time to break free and uplift your cooking skills.
Take out all those mithai dabbas and upgrade your traditional sweets to something innovative. This Eggless Bottle gourd | Lauki Cake with Almonds And Motichoor Laddoo is my latest obsession, which I have created with some leftover sweets and twisted into a breath taking Cake. This cake has beautiful amalgamation of light Indian spices. All the lovely Indian mithai flavours in a cake that is healthy and alluring at the same time. Layering with motichooor laddoo at the base and top just adds depth and colour to this beautiful cake. My Eggless Bottle gourd | Lauki Cake with Almonds And Motichoor Laddoo is soft, moist,crunchy and it has all the goodness of Bottle gourd/Lauki and almonds which will suit everyone’s palate.
Try this Gorgeous Eggless Bottle gourd | Lauki Cake with Almonds And Motichoor Laddoo and you will surely fall in love with this eye catching delight.
Ingredients & Quantity
- 1 Cup all Purpose flour
- 2 Tsp Baking powder
- 1/3 Cup Canola Oil (or any other oil with less fragrance)
- 1/3 Cup Low fat milk
- 1Tbsp Milkmaid
- 3 Tbsp Maple syrup (Or equal quantity or more Sugar or Honey)
- 1 Tsp Cardamom powder(Elaichi)
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon powder(Dalchini)
- 1/2 Cup grated Bottle gourd/ Lauki
- 1/3 Cup chopped Almonds (Separated for garnish)
- 3-4 Motichoor Laddoo
For Chocolate Sauce:
- 3 Tbsp White chocolate (melted)
- 1 Tbsp milk
How to make?
- Take a deep bowl, sift all-purpose flour, baking powder and mix together
- Now add Canola oil, Milk and fold wet and dry ingredients together
- Add Maple syrup, milkmaid , Cardamom powder, Cinnamon powder and mix well
- Now add grated Bottle gourd or Lauki or Doodhi
- Finally add Almonds and fold nicely
- Now grease a silicon mould or any mould you have with butter or ghee
- With the help of your fingers, break motichoor laddoo and make a base, use 2-3 laddoo for the base
- Pour the batter over
- Sprinkle some almonds and bake for 35-40 mins at 180 degrees
- Once done, let the cool for 5-7mins on wire rack
- Place a plate under the wire rack
- Mix white chocolate and milk together nicely and pour over the cake, sprinkle leftover almonds and some more motichoor laddoo
- Your Eggless Bottle gourd | Lauki Cake with Almonds And Motichoor Laddoo is ready..