Cherry Chocolate Muffins
Since maa is here with me on holiday, we are having a gala time 🙂 she has a thing for sweet tooth, so every now and then she is been asking me to cook something sweet to satiate her craving for sweets.
Last time when she came I made choco chip muffins & she just can’t stop praising about those & this time again she asked me to make them, but i have a plan! This time I am gonna play around with the ingredients & create something richer, delicious & off course healthy.
Last weekend I bought some cherries as they are a new entrant in the super market & I picked a pack. Then I thought of combining cherry & dark chocolate to bake these beautiful muffins & yes I am making them with oats flour & sugar free, as I don’t want to stop myself hogging them:) I am 200 percent sure you will just love these guilt free dessert:) Please do try & share your feedback on them.
- Prep time: 00 Hrs 15 Mins
- Cooking time: 00 Hrs 25 Mins
- Serves: 9 Person(s)
- Category: Contains Egg
- Cuisine Type: Bakery, Breakfast, Cafe, Deli, Desserts, Ethiopian
- Good for: Breakfast, Brunch, Snacks
Ingredients & Quantity
- 1 cup oats flour (ground the oats in grinder for coarse flour)
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tbs baking soda
- 1/4 cup sugar free or granulated brown sugar
- 1 tbs cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup of canola oil or olive oil
- 3/4 cup of low fat milk
- 1 tbs almond extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg with yolk
- 1/4 chopped dark chocolate
- 1 cup fresh seedless cherries
How to cook?
- Preheat your oven to 280 degrees
- In a bowl, take all the dry ingredients (oats flour, whole wheat flour, sugar, baking soda, cocoa powder & salt) & mix well
- Now in a separate take oil, egg, almond extract & milk. Mix well with a blender or simply whisk using a spoon.
- Now pour the wet ingredient in dry, lightly folding the batter.
- Now lastly add cherries & chocolate fold them in the batter.
- Now grease 9 muffin moulds & pour the mixture. Bake the muffins for 25-30 mins until brown or till the toothpick inserted comes out clean
- Let them rest for 5 mins in the moulds & then put them on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Your Cherry-choco oats muffins are ready to be served with tea or coffee 🙂 or just have them anytime you want.
- In you want to skip egg, use 1/2 tbs baking soda