Pancakes are something I never tasted until I was all grown up. My first exposure to pancake was when, I went for a holiday a year bask to Langkavi, Malasiya. I was served with banana pancakes topped with Honey for breakfast. That was the time when I first had the taste of those beautiful soft and golden pancakes.
Today is the first time I am trying my hands on pancakes. I always wonder how to make them; I always feared that what if they come out to be bad or not tasty. So this fear has always been in my mind and that is why I never got myself making them. Trust me no one in my family knew how to make them but yes when we were kids Maa use to make those sweet pooda which I guess is similar to pancake. Though I never liked them in my childhood, I was never a sweet tooth girl.
I have been planning to make pancakes since a month now. So today I woke up in the morning and decided on to make them. Most of the weekends I am occupied with household chores, today I was relatively free in the morning and decided to experiment with pancakes.
Oh! I never knew I could make them so easily and beautifully. Last week, I tried making blueberry cheese cake and unfotuntely I ended up spoiling it. When I was de-moulding it, the whole cake fall down on the kitchen slab and turned into a mess. I was really scared this time too, but then thought, if the failures are not there how one could realise the importance of achievement. With this thought, I started collecting the things from my Kitchen. I wanted to have the taste of blueberries in my pancakes, as I just love them for their enormous health benefits. I took out my blueberry sauce which I made for my cheese cake last week and also frozen ones as well. This recipe is inspired by Smittenkitchen’s blueberry pancakes.
For my version I am using a mix of Raagi flour and all-purpose flour. First all the dry ingredients like flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, baking soda to be mixed together. Then comes the wet ingredients; lightly beaten eggs & buttermilk is poured in the mixture to form a light batter.
To get the best pancakes you need to really take care of the batter. The batter should be light & not very thick and if you want your pancakes to be lighter and fluffy, mix the yolks with batter and whip the egg whites until stiff. Now fold them in batter in the last so as to get your pancakes lighter. One more important thing to keep in mind while making pancakes is to keep the gas on a low side. If you make them on high flame, you will end up burning the edges.
Keeping all these tips in mind, let start making our beautiful Blueberry Chocolate Pancakes.
Ingredients & Quantity
- ½ cup Raagi flour
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tbs baking powder
- ½ tbs baking soda
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1½ tbs brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1½ cup buttermilk
- 2 tbs canola oil + 1 tbs for brushing(or unsalted butter melted )
- ½ tbs chocolate chips
- ½ cup blueberries frozen
- 1 cup blueberry syrup(check how to make in sauce section or click)
How to cook Blueberry Chocolate pancakes?
- Take a bowl , mix together both flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and sugar
- Now beat the egg lightly in a small bowl & add buttermilk to it
- Pour the mixture in the dry mixture and fold into a batter.
- Now add half chocochips
- Heat a flat pan, grease it with oil or butter
- Now pour about half a cup of batter on the pan for each pancake.
- Sprinkle some blueberries & chocochips on the top.
- The pancake will turn porous in sometime indicates it is cooked from the bottom side.
- Now flip to other side & cook for 2-3 mins.
- Make a batch of 3-4 & layer each pouring some blueberry sauce on each of them.
- Now top with blueberry sauce & chocochips.
- Serve warm