Born and brought up in Madhya Pradesh (MP) Poha has been my staple food since childhood. Poha use to be our breakfast daily. Even you find it on the streets, small tea stalls & all around the town in the morning. In MP you start your day with Poha, Samosa, Jalebi, Daal Kachori & Chai. I love to cook it & now since I have moved out of my Town, cooking Poha is the remembrance of my hometown & my childhood…Friends and family says I cook it the best in the world..so now its your turn to share your experience with me on my Poha recipe in typical MP style…Its healthy & superb for Breakfast.
- Prep time: 00 Hrs 15 Mins
- Cooking time: 00 Hrs 15 Mins
- Serves: 2 Person(s)
- Category: Veg
- Cuisine Type: Breakfast, Indian, Street Food
- Good for: Breakfast, Snacks
Ingredients & Quantity
- 1 cup Poha (beaten rice)
- Hand full of peanuts (moongfali)
- Handful of green peas (Matar)
- 1 tbs mustard seeds (sarson)
- 1 tbs saunf
- 1/2 tbs turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2-3 green chili. chopped
- 1 tbs sugar free (1/2 tbs sugar)
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 lemon
- Coriander leaves for garnish
- 3-4 curry leaves (optional)
- salt to taste
How to cook?
- Wash the poha under running water, drain & add sugar free (sugar) keep it a side to let it rise a bit.
- In a wok, take olive oil & add peanuts
- saute them till they gets little golden
- Now add mustard seeds & let it crackle.
- Then add saunf, saute for a min
- Add chili, saute for a min, add onions & curry leaves
- Saute the onions till they become soft, now add green peas
- Now add turmeric powder & salt, stirring.
- Then add poha
- Stir for 2-3 mins, sprinkle some water & cover with lid.
- After 5 mins, put off the gas & squeeze in lemon
- Garnish with coriander leaved & serve hot with plain bhujia.
- Soaking of Poha depends on the quality/brand of Poha you are using. I dont soak it in water as I use Rajdhani poha which just requires washing.
- You can use potato as well in this recipe