Mushroom and Cheese Muffins
Heylo everyone..I have been out & missing for a while..but now I am back & yes back with a bang..oh sorry that’s an old saying ..The new is I am back with some interesting & healthy cooking:) So lasts week I have been searching a lot about muffins & there origin etc..Have you ever thought from where this muffins word has come? Actually its connected with moufflet, an old french word applied to bread, means soft..the word muffin first appeared in print in the early 18th century, and recipes began to be published in the middle of the 18th century. Today we all know muffins as English muffins which are made up of yeast, flour, milk, butter etc.. Here I am sharing you yet another variation Mushroom & Cheese Muffins which is not sweet but yes salty in taste and a perfect companion for your morning & evening tea or coffee..These are tender, moist & full of flavors with Italian seasonings..The rich flavor of melted cheddar, sauteed mushrooms & onions with sticky mozzarella on the top will blow your mind..So whats stopping you just head to your kitchen & make these mini flavorsome muffins on your own..
- Prep time: 00 Hrs 15 Mins
- Cooking time: 00 Hrs 25 Mins
- Serves: 6 Person(s)
- Category: Contains Egg
- Cuisine Type: Bakery, Deli
- Good for: Breakfast, Brunch, Snacks
Ingredients & Quantity
- 1 cup button mushrooms (Cut in to cubes)
- 1/2 cup spring onion (Greens & whites separated)
- 1 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 grated cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 1 tbs salt
- 1/4 cup of canola oil
- 1/2 cup parsley (Chopped)
- 1/2 tbs Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tbs basil dried
- 1/2 tbs chili flakes dried
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded (For garnish)
- 1/2 tbs butter
How to Cook?
- Heat butter in a pan with 2-3 drops of oil so that butter wont get burnt.
- Now add mushrooms & onion whites, saute for 4-5 mins adding salt & Italian seasoning to it.
- Now whisk egg in a big bowl, add oil, milk & whisk well
- Now add dry ingredients flour, cheddar cheese, sauteed mushrooms & onions, onion greens, parsley, basil, baking powder, salt, chili flakes to it , one by one & folding until mixed.
- Now grease 6 muffin mold & fill them with the mixture till half, sprinkle some mozzarella & chili flakes, bake for 15-20 min in a preheated oven.
- Let them cool for 5 mins in molds & then for 5 mins on wire rack
- Serve them warm with tea or coffee with some extra cheese if you like:)