Baked Bread Omelette pots is a recent experiment in my Kitchen to break the monotony of regular bread Omelette. I am not too friendly with eggs so I try to keep them simple, trust me they could be disastrous if not treated well.
I tried making these Baked Bread Omelette pots last week for breakfast, though I don’t experiment much with eggs but was really excited to see the outcome. loved the crispiness of bread filled with lightly baked eggs and crunch of the veggies. It just blown my mind, I wanted to share the feeling with someone but unfortunately had to manage on my own.
Made them with whole wheat bread, loaded with veggies and herbs. The ingredients used for making Baked Bread Omelette pots are easily available in your kitchen.These pots are full of protein which you get from eggs, they are healthy, quick and easy to make.
This dish is innovative in its own way, you have ample scope to play around with ingredients and make it yours. These Baked Bread Omelette Pots can enter in anyone’s favorite list. You just need to know the pallet of a person you are serving them to and yes your job is done. For example; to make it enticing for kids you can grate a bit of mozzarella cheese over the pots. You can try any add on like pepperoni or mushrooms or broccoli. So you see this dish is so versatile, you just pick your favorite veges or toppings and make these Baked Bread Omelette pots yours 🙂
I also made a video for it, this was my first attempt with video. Forgive me, for the quality as this was the trial version of my setup with my phone 🙂
- Prep time: 00 Hrs 15 Mins
- Cooking time: 00 Hrs 25 Mins
- Serves: 3 Person(s)
- Category: Contains Egg
- Cuisine Type: Café, Deli, Fast food, Fusion
- Good for: Breakfast, Snacks
Ingredients & Quantity
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 small tomato, finely chopped
- 1/4 tbs thyme
- 1/4 tbs rosemary
- 1/2 tbs chili flakes (Optional)
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- 3 whole wheat bread slices
- Melted butter to grease the moulds
How to cook?
- Take a deep bowl, Break the egg and whisk well with fork or spoon
- Put all the ingredients in the egg and mix well
- Add salt and pepper in the mixture, whisk well
- Now take 3 bread slices, cut the edges
- Roll the slices flat with a roller
- Now, grease 3 moulds with butter and place the bread slices in them
- Now pour the mixture equally over the bread pots
- Bake for 20-25 mins at 200 degrees in the oven
- Grate some mozzarella cheese if you want
- Serve your Baked Bread Omelette Pots hot with tea or coffee or just grab them as it is.
- You can use any vegetables of your choice
- Can increase the quantity of ingredients according to the servings
- If you don’t have herbs you can avoid them