Hey people today I will be sharing with you how to make some great apple fritters with apple cider. The Idea behind making these Apple fritters with apple cider came a couple of days back. I was on my social networking site, browsing the pictures people post on it. I got amazed to see some beautiful piece of art. People have got lot of talent & portraying them beautifully.
I kept on scrolling down and my eyes got stuck to a beautiful picture. Those luscious brown apple fritters with white chocolate crackling glaze looking deliciously gorgeous.
I got excited to make them, just by seeing the picture. I scrolled down the article and thankfully the blogger posted the recipe as well. The very moment the rushed to my Kitchen and started with finding the ingredients. The got everything in my Kitchen except for the main ingredient. Guess what?Apples, yess! which I usually keep in my refrigerator. Unfortunately I finished them this morning itself.
The very moment I decided to visit the local market to get the apples. I started my car and unfortunately my car engine broke down after 500 meters. Aah! this was all I would have expected, some how I managed to reach the store in a rickshaw in a hot and humid afternoon. After handing over my car to the local mechanic, I came home with the apple for my fritters.
After taking a 10 mins rest, I started making my healthy version of Apple fritters with apple cider. Giving it some modifications, I started chopping the apple and sautted them for my fritter adding some apple cider. Apple Cider is my Hero for the fritters. The aroma of sauted apple with cinnamon and brown sugar with a touch of Apple cider was just irresistible. To make them low on calorie, I used wheat bran with all purpose flour for the dough which gave it a beautiful brown color & fluffy chewy texture.
If you are a health freak with sweet tooth. Do try my version of Apple fritters with apple Cider just to cut off those calories 🙂
- Prep time: 00 Hrs 15 Mins
- Cooking time: 00 Hrs 25 Mins
- Serves: 8 Person(s)
- Category: Contains Egg
- Cuisine Type: Bakery, Deli,Cafe
- Good for: Breakfast, Brunch, Snacks, Dessert
Ingredients & Quantity
- 1 cups flour (3/4 bran + 1/4 all purpose)
- 1 medium apple (Pealed , coared & cut into bite size pieces)
- 1/2 tbs baking soda
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbs ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Canola oil (Or unsalted butter)
- 1/2 tbs vanilla extract
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tbs Blackstrap Molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 spoon Apple cider
- Splash of hot water
How to cook ?
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Grease baking dish with cooking spray and set aside. I used round baking molds here.
- Now heat a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add 1 tbs canola oil & ¼ cup brown sugar with 1/2 tbs Blackstrap molasses, 1/2 tsp, apple cider, cinnamon and the apples and saute for about 2-3 minutes or until tender, but not quite soft. Set aside.
- In a double boiler, whisk together the remaining canola oil, brown sugar. Gently put the eggs, whisking constantly. Do not let the eggs scramble.
- Add vanilla and remove it from the heat, let it cool for 2-3 mins.
- Add baking soda, flour, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg, mix to form a soft batter.
- Fold in the apples and their juices.
- Spread the mixture evenly in the muffin molds, bake for approximately 20 to 25 minutes.
- Let it cool completely.
- To make the glaze, in a small bowl combine powdered sugar, hot water and apple cider.
- Pour over the top of the muffins and allow it to set. Your Apple fitters with apple cider is ready to be served.