Classic Guacamole is the first attempt of mine working with Avocado. Honestly this was the first thing came to my head while picking up avocado from the super market last weekend. I always think of picking avocado but hold myself with two thoughts; one-if I won’t like the taste and second it’s too expensive here, 1 piece for 85 Rs(Sigh!). But this time I took the courage and thought I will make Guacamole out of it.
Avocado is highly healthy and packed with some excellent nutrients and comes with 160 calories, 2 grams of protein and 15 grams of healthy fats. Although it contains 9 grams of carbs, 7 of those are fiber so there are only 2 “net” carbs, making this a low-carb friendly plant food.
I haven’t really tasted Guacamole in my life so far. This is the first time I am going to make it and taste it. But one thing I was sure of, I can pull it off well as I am good with dips. I have been mixing and matching ingredients to make some soulful dips for my parties.
So finally I picked this one avocado and start my work. I had no clue on what should be the ingredients I would be putting in it. Onion and Garlic are two of my best friends for life and so picked them and start chopping. Other thing would definitely be lemon to give it some acidity and punch, now what else, I like green chilies too. So let’s chop some of them, Guess I am done. Really! How about Avocado, that’s the main ingredient in Guacamole right! Yea..So let’s scoop out the avocado in a bowl, make sure you are using a just ripped avocado else it won’t taste right, just mash it and mix everything. Simple! Isn’t ..? Ohh the soul is missing..that will come with some kosher salt and here you go. While serving just top it up with some chopped tomatoes and parsley and a hint of olive oil.
Chill your guacamole in refrigerator before you grab those chips with a glass of wine. Hmmm! That sounds divine. I paired my Guacamole with some multi grain flat crisps and it tasted yummmmm.
Hello what are you waiting for…Just go and make this Easy Classic Guacamole and feel yourself in Mexico..(laughs)
Ingredients & Quantity
- 1 Avocado
- 1 medium sized onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped
- 2-3 green chilies or more as per your taste
- 1 tbs lemon juice or 1 lemon
- 1/4 tbs kosher salt or more to taste
- Parsley for garnish
- Extra virgin olive oil for drizzle
How to cook?
- Take mortar and pestle and scoop out avocado into it.
- Now mash it nice adding garlic and green chillies
- Once this is nicely mashed and ingredients are properly combine, take out the mixture in a bowl
- Add chopped onions and tomatoes,
- Now add kosher salt and squeeze in lemon
- Finally add some parsley and drizzle some olive oil on top