Pesto Pasta with Whole Wheat Spaghetti
I have been dreaming of going to Italy since my teenage. I always fantasized about Italian culture, the people and their food. Italian food is very simple; they use minimal ingredients and mostly cook with fresh herbs and vegetables they grow in their Kitchen garden. Italian chiefs rely on the quality of ingredients rather in the elaborated preparation. This is the best part I like about Italian cooking, its simple yet delicious.
You must be thinking why I am discussing Italy here? You know it’s been a week now I have been craving for Pasta in pesto sauce. These days I have been so tied up with work, I just come home and go to sleep. But last night I thought of giving an end to my craving and finally got some time to make this beautiful Spaghetti pasta in Pesto sauce.
I thought of making this amazing Italian dish from the scratch. So I went on to make fresh pesto at home, since I had no pine nuts in my Kitchen I used walnut instead and trust me it taste the same.The recipe for my delicious Pesto sauce is in the link.
Well today we would be making Spaghetti Pasta with luscious green fresh homemade pesto sauce. I have given the pasta a healthy twist by using Whole Wheat Spaghetti pasta with addition to vegetable in it. This is an extremely simple recipe which is ready in just 20 mins. All you need to do is Boil the pasta as per the packet instruction and just mix it with freshly made Pesto sauce. Tadaan! Its ready 🙂
- Prep time: 00 Hrs 5 Mins
- Cooking time: 00 Hrs 15 Mins
- Serves: 2 Person(s)
- Category: Veg
- Cuisine Type: Italian, Homestyle
- Good for: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Ingredients & Quantity
- About 70-80 strands of Whole wheat Spaghetti pasta or whichever you like
- 1 liter water or more
- 1 cup mixed bell peppers or any vegetable of your choices
- 2 tbs Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbs olive oil or more for topping
- Freshly grounded pepper
- Salt to taste
How to cook?
- Boil water in a big deep pan with salt
- Once the water starts boiling, drop Spaghetti pasta strands in it
- Cook the Pasta as per packet instructions (my says 18 mins)or till it gets soft.
- Meanwhile take one spoon of olive oil in a separate pan
- Add the bell peppers and saute for 2 mins, keep it crunchy don’t overcook them
- Now once the Pasta is cooked, drain it.
- Then mix the pasta with bell peppers
- Add 2 -3 spoon of freshly made pesto sauce (Recipe here) or as per the taste.
- Sprinkle salt & freshly grounded black pepper
- Sprinkle some Parmesan cheese and toss well.
- Serve with your favorite bread 🙂