Gulkand Cupcakes -The name says it all. Soft moist cupcakes filled with Gulkand in centre.
Gulkand is a sweet preserve of rose petals from the Indian subcontinent. Gul means flower in both Persian and Urdu and in Sanskrit whereas qand means sweet in Persian. The process of making Gulkand takes around 4-5 weeks but the result is worth the time. Gulkand is considered to be good for digestion and has enormous other health benefits like strengthening toot and gums, relieves menstrual pain etc..
Well here is another benefit which is not much explored; breaking the norms of traditional Indian sweets. Today we will be making Eggless Gulkand Cupcakes, yes you read it right! Outstanding in looks and out of the world in taste; These Cupcakes could be a replacement for traditional Gulab Jamun or Kheer on your next Family Dinner or Festival gathering.
Eggless Gulkand Cupcakes are easy to make and even easier to bake. Soft, moist muffins filled with Gulkand in centre, topped with whipped cream and more Gulkand on top. They are totally divine. These cupcakes are eggless and made with all milk products. A dash of cardamom gives them a typical Indian taste and aroma. Gets ready in just 30-35 minutes, these beauties are ridiculously yummy.
So next time if you are planning to bake something, try these Eggless Gulkand Cupcakes, I am sure you will love them. On top of it if you are a Mithai lover then this one is your sure shot pic. The sweetness of rose petals and that Indian mithai touch with cardamom makes them a delightful dessert for your taste buds.
These Cupcakes are every Indian baker’s desire as it has got flavours, texture, beauty all packed up in a cute little dessert.
- 1 ¾ cup of purpose flour or plain refined flour (maida)
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup of milk powder
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- ½ cup gulkand (or more)
For the frosting
- 1 cup Amul low fat cream
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt for balancing the sweetness
- 4 tsp rose water
- Fresh rose petals for garnish(Optional)
How to Make Eggless Gulkand Cupcakes?
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Grease paper muffin cases and place them in tin muffin moulds.
- Sift the flour, milk powder, baking powder in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the butter and sugar until the butter is soft and fluffy.
- Fold in the sifted flour mixture into the butter and sugar using a whisk by adding small quantities of it at a time.
- Add milk, a little at a time, making sure there are no lumps in the batter.
- Mix in the cardamom powder before spooning the batter into the individual paper cases.
- Pour the batter in muffin liners, bake for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer or toothpick inserted into the cakes comes out clean.
- To make the cream frosting, Place a deep bowl in ice bath & whip Amul low fat cream for 5 mins with a hand blender on low and the gradually increasing the speed high for another 5 mins.
- Now start adding sugar in it slowly and whisk well for 2 mins then add rest of the sugar and whisk until you the mixture hold spikes.
- If your cream is too thick add some cream to it or add sugar if it’s too liquidly or until you get the right consistency. Now add rose water
- Once the muffins are cooled, scoop out their centres with a teaspoon and fill the holes with gulkand.
- Finish them with the cream frosting and garnish with Gulkand or fresh rose petals
- Your Eggless Gulkand Cupcakes are ready