Capsicum Pots With Minced Tofu
I love stuffing; it could be my Wardrobe, Parantha or Vegetables…I like the whole concept of stuffing hahaha.. No seriously! a simple chapati can be made interesting and delectable with potatoes or dal or paneer stuffing. Who so ever introduced the idea, must have been a genius. Initially stuffing technique was used for filling Chicken, Dormouse, Hare and Pig I am a vegetarian and born in vegetarian house, had grown up eating stuffed tomatoes, potatoes, capsicum etc. We never cooked non-veg at our house, though my Maa’s family is non-vegetarian but my Father was earlier a strict vegetarian, but now he eats non-veg with full heart and stomach J
Last weekend when I went for my groceries and vegetables to super market, I bought some capsicum too. I read Capsicum is great source of vitamin C and are low in calories. When I read low in calories, I jumped up to them and thought to make something healthier out of it. My first thought was what to combine with capsicum to make them even richer in taste and high on health.
I believe most of you have used paneer in lot of your foods, paneer make a great stuffing and also binds and blends well with the flavours. Though Paneer is a very nutritious food but it is high on calories too.
Here I am going to give a twist to the paneer stuffing and changing the main ingredient. Yes you got it right! I would be replacing Paneer with Tofu and would be stuffing my gorgeous green capsicum with Tofu bhurji..Sounds good right!
These days I started eating so much of Tofu in my routine as it is high on protein and also a good source of omega3. Generally vegetarians in India lack Omega 3 and protein in their diet. I got a full body check-up done last month and discovered the same deficiency in me as well. Since then I started the intake of more protein rich food in my diet. Tofu is one of them and somehow I started loving it, Like Paneer (Cottage cheese) Tofu is quite versatile and you can use it in any of your dish in any form. You can also check out my tofu choco pie recipe here, which is super healthy and yummy like hell.
For making Capsicum Pots With Minced Tofu, you just need to follow simple steps and the outcome is quite delicious. You can serve this stuffed capsicum as a side dish or can place them for starter at dinner. They taste well any time of the day and you don’t have to get oven for this, you can simply grill them on a pan with a little oil brushing. They are juicy inside and crunchy outside, you gonna love them for sure.
- Prep time: 00 Hrs 15 Mins
- Cooking time: 00 Hrs 30 Mins
- Serves: 4 Person(s)
- Category: Veg
- Cuisine Type: Homestyle, Indian
- Good for: Lunch, Dinner, Snack
Ingredients & Quantity
- 4 green capsicum (or more as per the serving)
- 100 grams Tofu, grated or minced
- 1 big onion, finely chopped
- 1 big tomato, finely chopped
- 2-3 green chillies
- 1 tbs cumin seeds
- ½ tbs turmeric powder
- ½ tbs curry powder
- 1 tbs cumin powder
- 1 tbs red chili powder (or less as per taste)
- ½ cup cashew, chopped roughly
- 1 tbs raisins (optional)
- 1 tbs fenugreek dried
- Olive oil (1 tbs for stuffing + more for brushing)
- Salt to taste
How to cook?
- Cut the capsicum top & d-seed them
- Now heat oil in a pan,
- Add Cumin seeds and let it crackle
- Now add cashew, cook till golden.
- Add green chili and chopped onion, cook till golden
- It’s time to add the spices, turmeric powder, curry powder, cumin powder & red chili powder.
- Add salt & sprinkle some water to as to avoid the spices to burn
- Now add tomatoes and cook till tomatoes are soft & turn into gravy.
- Put minced tofu now
- Mix well and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Now sprinkle fenugreek leaves and raisins.
- Keep the mixture aside.
- Now heat the grill pan and fill the mixture in hollow capsicum pots pressing well
- Brush the capsicum pots with little oil & grill till the outer gets grill marks.
- Your grilled Capsicum pots with minced tofu are ready to be served. Serve it with green chutney or just like that.