Lemon Coconut Vermicelli
Hello People! I know I am writing after an year. Last year was really draining both emotionally and on work front. I had been working for 13 years, last year I left my job for career shift and took a long break to figure out what to do in life and how to proceed further. Sometimes its really difficult to understand your own self and what you want from life. And this year again is going tough for all of us..
Amid all this pandemic I am trying to find solace in cooking, and trying to work on different cuisines and recipes. I am very fond of South Indian cuisine and the flavourful ingredients they use in their cooking. One of my favourite ingredient is the use of coconut in South Indian Cuisine. Coconut is very versatile if used rightly.
So, here I am sharing a simple Lemon Coconut Vermicelli which is easy to make and easier to finish 🙂 Its light on stomach and makes a great breakfast with just simple yet flavourful ingredients.
So lets start…..
- 1 Cup Vermicelli
- 1/4th Cup Desiccated Coconut
- 1/4th Cup Peanuts
- 1 Tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 Tbsp Urad Dal
- 5-7 Curry leaves
- 1/2 Tbsp Mustard seeds
- 1-2 Green chillies
- 1 Dried red chilli
- 2 Tbsp Mustard Oil
- Pinch of asafoetida
- Salt to taste
- 1 Lemon
- In a pot boil vermicelli with double the water and few drops of oil & salt till just soft. Drain the water using a sieve
- Now in a pan heat mustard oil and put mustard seeds, let them spatter
- Now add peanuts and let the peanuts cook properly other wise it will taste soggy
- Cook till they get brown
- Add urad dal and cook for 2 mins, add in asafoetida, red chilli, curry leaves and onions
- Cook till onions are just light brown
- Add Turmeric & salt at this stage
- Now add boiled Vermicelli and mix well
- Add in coconut & lemon juice, mix well and cook for 2-3 mins
- Sprinkle some more coconut & cilantro for serving