Quick Spinach Corn Quiche
Spinach and Corn is my favourite combination, I always been a fan of both 🙂 Spinach is my love since childhood. I love everything about this super food and given the number health benefits it has, just can’t stay away from it.
If you are following me on Instagram, You will see every Saturday I post a picture of my breakfast. This is a new add-on to my Instagram profile, where you will see great breakfast options which you can quickly make. These are not just quick but extremely healthy and full of nutrients.
I think life is too short to have boring food, and breakfast is something I can’t start my day without. So why eat boring when you can make some interesting and healthy food within no time. This write up is for all those who asked for the recipe of the Spinach Corn Quiche I posted two weeks back on Instagram and Facebook. This weather is perfect for something like this; the warmth of lightly spiced corn and spinach filled in whole wheat bread tart baked to perfection. What else you need?? 🙂
The recipe is very simple and really quick, goes well for breakfast or anytime snacking. These mini quiche are hassle free and gets ready in no time. You can make the filling beforehand and can bake them quickly whenever you crave for light snacking.
I wanted to do a video as well for this recipe, but couldn’t take out time to add in here, but don’t worry I will surely post one soon 🙂 Without wasting time any further I will straight away head on to the recipe.
Ingredients & Quantity
- 4 Whole wheat bread slices
- ½ Cup Cheddar cheese or Mozzarella (or any Cheese you like)
- 2 Cup Spinach, roughly chopped
- ½ Cup Sweet corn, boiled
- 2-3 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 medium Tomato, finely chopped
- 1 medium Onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 green chilis or more as per your taste
- 1 Tbs white sesame seeds
- 1 Tsp Curry powder
- ½ Tbs kosher salt or more to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil for drizzle
- Oregano for sprinkle
- Chili flakes for sprinkle
- Butter for greasing
How to cook?
- Take the bread slices and flatten it using a roller.
- Cut in round shape from a cookie cutter or using a bowl to fit the mini tart moulds. The edges should cover the entire depth of the tart moulds
- Now grease the tart moulds with butter and place the bread slices nicely in each mould and keep them aside.
- Heat a pan with some olive oil
- Add sesame seeds
- Once starts crackling add garlic and cook till just light brown
- Add onions and green chilies and sauté for 2-3mins
- Once done add tomatoes, curry powder and salt, cook for 3-4mins
- Add corn and Spinach together and sauté till just soft, do not overcook.
- Let the mixture cool for some time
- Now bring in your ready bread moulds and place some cheese in the bottom
- Then with the help of spoon fill each mould evenly with spinach – corn mixture
- Sprinkle some cheese on the top and bake the quiche for 15-20 mins or until bread turns light brown
- Once done sprinkle oregano and chilli flakes and serve hot with ketchup or any sauce you like 🙂