Instant Christmas Cake | Classic Christmas Cake | Rum Cake (Video Recipe)
Christmas is round the corner and winters are all set to welcome Santa clause. Festivity is all around and this is the time of year when I am in absolutely no work mode 🙂 I am sure everyone feels the same (laugh).
Well!!Christmas is absolutely incomplete without a Classic Christmas Cake. So what is the secret behind a really Rich, Dense and Classic Christmas Cake?? I am going to unveil the recipe of the most desirable Christmas cake in this post.
Before getting started you need to take care of few things; always prepare and weigh all the ingredients, and line the tin before you start any mixing. The actual assembling part is then pretty straight forward.
It is said that Christmas cake ideally should be made at least two months before Christmas; this allows time for the cake to be fed at regular intervals with Rum or Brandy, which, in turn, helps to mature the cake. However, if you are making it later, you can be assured the cake will still taste as good.
If you have time, you can also soak the dried mixed fruits 2-3 weeks before in Rum or Brandy and proceed with the recipe after that; this creates an even more moist cake. But if you are running out of time, here is a last minute Instant Christmas Cake with a classic Recipe inspired by my favourite ‘Nigella Lawson’. Let’s start making our Instant Christmas Cake.
Here is a quick video description;
Ingredients & Quantity
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 Whole Eggs
- 1/4 Blueberries or Black Current
- 1/4 Prunes
- 1/3 Cup butter
- 1/4 Cup Tutti frutti
- 1/4 Cup Cashews
- 1/3 Cup Almonds
- 1/4 Cup Raspberries or Raisins
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Black Rum (+more for pouring later) or Brandy
- 1/2 Tbsp Cinnamon powder + Nutmeg powder
- 1 Tbsp Orange Zest
- 1/4 Cup Orange Juice
- 1 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- Confectionery Sugar for dusting
- Silver sprinklers and Stars for Garnish
How to cook?
- Preheat the Oven at 200 degrees
- Grease a baking tin with butter and line it with double parchment paper to avoid the cake from burning.
- Now heat a pan add, Blueberries + Raspberries + Prunes +Rum + Butter + Orange Zest +Orange Juice +Brown Sugar + Honey + (Cinnamon + Nutmeg)powder + Coco powder
- Let the mixture boil for 8-10 mins on slow so that all the fruit juices combines with other ingredients
- Once done, switch off the gas
- Whist 2 whole eggs and pour in the mixture
- Now take a bowl, mix Flour + Ground almond + Baking powder
- And mix them with wet ingredients
- Fold the ingredients nicely
- Then add Tutti Frutti + Chopped Cashews
- Pour the batter in prepared Tin
- Bake your cake for 50-60 mins at 180 degrees in oven/convection
- After around 50min cake out your cake place over a cake top
- Pour some more Rum/Brandy to make it moist, for storing you can keep feeding your cake with Rum/Brandy occasionally to keep it moist.
- Decorate with some sugar dust and edible silver balls.